Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Wind.

Holey Moley.  Carolyn wasn't kidding when she told me about the wind up here.  It is out of this world crazy.  Rename Rexburg to the Wind City.  K, scratch that.  Rename it to the Wind Village.  Todays classes went well.  Just had my art days again.  I feel pretty cool in my Intro to Visual Arts class when our teacher discusses different museums or paintings and when he asks if anyone of us has seen them, I typically am able to raise my hand.  Everyone stares at me.  I kinda enjoy it a teensy bit.

Yesterdays classes were great.  I learned that the boy next to me in math hates math as well, which is code for we're going to be friends.  I also learned that he was just baptized on May, 19. (!!!) English is so intriguing.  My professor speaks in the most interesting ways and I really enjoy listening to him.  He has a sarcastic and witty sense of humor.  He reminds me of Mr. Silva and Mr. Casner sorta meshed together as one guy...including his appearance!

Book of Mormon was awesome.  Our teacher made a promise that if we do our Book of Mormon homework first that, we'll be blessed with our other classes and that everything will be able to be accomplished.  Including social life.  I really felt like this was a true statement so, I decided to apply it to my homework/studying.  I've already seen it work!  Last night it was getting late and I decided to go to bed, and hopefully be able to finish the rest of my Visual Arts reading in my 30 minute break the next day (knowing that it would just be a skim and not an absorption of what I was reading).  It turns out that my Graphic Design class today, that is scheduled for 8:00-10:45 get let out at 8:45 today and I was able to go home and complete my reading.  I totally know that this was a blessing for me.  I'm really grateful.

Also, yesterday our new friends came over and we made omelets for dinner!  We purchased 4 dozen eggs and 3 gallons of milk in our apartment.  With only one person who actually drinks milk.  So, whenever our friends come over we give them something to take back.  But, last night they gave us some cupcakes!  It was fun.  We introduced my roommate to Harvard Sailing Team.  Win.

P.S. It's kinda fun to watch people slip here.  And I can say this without feeling bad because, I know that that will be me slipping one day.  (fingers crossed I make it all 4 years without slipping)

Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment