Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Oldest Brother

It's my big brother Parker's birthday!! I just love that guy and how he has always had time for me.  When I think of our short years where we actually lived in the same house I remember all the times he would actually think about his baby sister.  Some of my favorite memories with him are these:

1. Being allowed to wake up in the night when he babysat and he'd let me cuddle with him and watch movies.
2.  (This one is funny)  When he taught me that I didn't have to have him unzip my dress to use the bathroom-but rather that I can just lift up the bottom of the dress and hold it while I use the bathroom.
3. All the times he brought home friends from Seminary.
4.  All the times he'd super-glue his thumbs together and try to convince me to do that.
5. Let's just simplify it and say "all the times he tricked me but it was actually really funny"
6.  The morning he left for his mission and came in and told me he loved me and gave me a kiss and a hug.
7. The night he came back from his mission and hugged me and cried.
8.  All of the countless times in the car, and the times he took me driving before I had my permit to learn stick shift.
9.  Learning about classic rock.
10. More recently-Weddings, weddings, weddings, and taking the time and effort to visit eachother.


Also, General Conference is this weekend!  I'm really excited to spend some time with family and those that I love.  Whenever fall conference rolls around I always think back to second grade and when we got Chester around conference.  My oh my, how I miss having a puppy!

Happy Birthday Parker!! I love you and I am always grateful for the times you take time out of your busy life and remember to call your baby sister and check in on her.  I really love it.

I bet Carolyn will make you the bestest cake or treat ever. 

Well, that's all for now!  I hope you enjoyed your stay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment