Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Kirkham.

Wow.  It has been a while.  Sorry everybody who may actually read this.  It has been super crazy busy with school, friends, boy, and life.  But, it's been a super crazy good busy.  I am absolutely loving it here.  Everyday I fall more in love with this place.  This post will be about some recent activities and some stuff that has happened in this last month.

One weekend about a month ago Layne and I randomly decided to take a journey to Utah to see our family.  It was awesome and exactly what I needed.  The trip was so exciting to get out of the burg we call rex.  I was starting to feel a little stuck and it was perfect timing.  Also, it allowed me to see Sam and his girlfriend and grandparents and cousins and the whole shabam.  Layne's car Mildred (a red mini cooper) was absolutely delightful and it brought some nice exhilaration being able to just take off and stay out past the pathetic curfew that doesn't exist in Utah.  Being able to have Layne meet our family made it so that she understand me a little more I think, hah.  I was so grateful that I was able to see Meghan!  It's been weird living in the same time zone, being hours away, and seeing each other more than once in a year!! It's crazy, but great.

While here at school, I have made great friends.  I know, I know, I say it every time but, hey, it's true!! We have disney movie night on sundays, food parties for random holidays, study time, fun time, girl time, cry time, laugh time, and more food time.  I love everyone here so much.  I have been able to learn and grow from so many people.  Don't get me wrong, I miss home terribly and would love to see those that I love daily, but I know that this is the right place for me and I've never been so happy before.

Another fun thing that I have been doing is a cycling class.  Now I've only gone a couple times-literally, just two times-but it's so wonderful!  The teacher is absolutely amazing and inspirational for how hyper and pumped up she can be for teaching an intense cycling class.  I usually attend the class with my two FHE brothers Brandon, Josh, and my roommate Layne.  Sometimes on saturdays everybody goes out of our neighbors.  It has been nice to get rid of stress through that class.

Okay, so after that, hmm, let me think what has been going on in this crazy siberian world of Idaho?  Oh, there's a boy.  His name is Jacob.  Now, errbody calm down.  The first question I get asked is teen bride?!  Let's sloooooooow it down a bit.  Yes I like him a lot and I love the time spent with him, but I'm not thinking about anything like that at the moment.  But, I have been extremely happy with him that it's a little ridiculous how happy I have been.

Okay, moving onto the point of this story.  The Kirkham.  The Kirkham is the oldest building on campus and it's the theatre building.  A.K.A. an old building full of a large high school musical like stage with plenty of rafters and ladders and hidden rooms and secret places.  Well, this sunday we decided to play sardines after disney movie night (we watched Nemo).  It was so much fun.  There are so many crazy places to discover in that building.  Jacob and I won the first round because we were the first people to find the spot.  But, the last person to hide was my neighbor Emma and her hiding spot was ridiculous.  Nobody could find her and we had searched everywhere high and low, literally, for her for almost forty minutes.  We all thought that she had decided to go to another building because the rules were Calvin and Hobbes style....no rules.  Well, all of a sudden Jacob and I were looking for her and Emma pops up out of nowhere.  We were ecstatic because it had been forever trying to find her and she yells at us "guys, the security people are here to kick us out, RUN!".  Needless to say we booked it out of the building because BYUI security is scarier than the navy seals.  It was a fun night just being with friends, climbing around the building, discovering the random rooms, and having so much fun.

I love this place so much and the people I'm with.  I'm grateful for all that has happened and yet to happen.

That's all for now folks!

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

1 comment: